Does equipment which has been certified by a foreign certification bodies need to be recertified before it can be imported into the country?
Yes, all equipment shall be recertified to ensure that they comply with local requirements.
However SIRIM QAS INTERNATIONAL SDN. BHD. accepts test reports from:-
- Laboratories recognised by SKMM under Mutual Recognition Arrangements (MRAs);
- Laboratories under SIRIM Berhad or SIRIM QAS INTERNATIONAL SDN BHD;
- Laboratories accredited under Skim Akreditasi Makmal Malaysia (SAMM) which is the national laboratory accreditation scheme managed by the Department of Standards Malaysia (STANDARDS MALAYSIA);
- Laboratories under IECEE CB Scheme. The CB test report shall be accompanied by CB test certificate; or
- Laboratories (in the scope of its accreditation) which are accredited by the accreditation bodies that have signed accreditation cooperation agreements with STANDARDS MALAYSIA (e.g. APLAC or ILAC)