CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: FULBRIGHT-MCMC Specialist Grant 2018
Application is now CLOSED
The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) and the Malaysian-American Commission on Educational Exchange (MACEE) are pleased to invite proposals for the Fulbright-MCMC Specialist Grant 2018.
Eligible Host Institutions
The Fulbright-MCMC Specialist Grant is a field-driven initiative in which the Malaysian host institution conceptualize and design project of interest in the fields of communications and multimedia. Under this scheme, Malaysian host institutions conceptualize and design collaborative projects of interest within an eligible discipline that represent a priority for their respective organizations.
These projects are then paired with a highly qualified U.S. academic or professional (U.S. Specialist), who will serve as expert consultants, strengthening linkages between U.S. and Malaysian host institutions. Such collaborations are intended to promote and enhance knowledge capacity building in emerging and key growth areas in the communications and multimedia sector.
Institutions that are eligible to request a Fulbright Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions of Higher Education;
- Government Institutions (ministries or agencies);
- Cultural Institutions (conservatories, museums, etc.); and
- Non-Governmental Organizations including issue-centred institutions and think tanks.
Preference will be given to those proposals which are consistent with the MCMC approach for Fulbright awards, emphasizing these priority areas*:
- Smart Digital Nation (Cities and Communities)
- Data Science and Analytics
- Internet of Things
- Information and Network Security
- ICT Governance
- Digital Inclusion
*Please refer to the Application Guide for details on the focus areas.
Duration of Project
The Fulbright-MCMC Specialist Grant offers project opportunities of two to six weeks’ duration. The shorter duration of Specialist projects is advantageous for the U.S. academic or professional who may not be able to leave their position for an extended period of time and for the host institution which may require an expert consultant on a short-term basis.
Interested applicants must read and understand the Application Guide
before submitting the proposal. A complete application includes:
Applications must be received no later than 15 February 2018
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
AND in hardcopy addressed to:
Terms and Conditions of the CFA
Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission
MCMC Tower 1
Jalan IMPACT, Cyber 6
Selangor Darul Ehsan
(Attention: Fulbright-MCMC Grant Secretariat, MCMC Academy)
The CFA is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- MCMC may request the applicant to present their research proposal as part of the evaluation process;
- MCMC shall not be liable for any cost incurred, or work done, in relation to the CFA and any proposal submitted to the MCMC;
- The CFA document is not to be construed as a legal document, does not constitute an offer by the MCMC and has no legal effect whatsoever;
- The receipt of the proposal by the MCMC or any clarification session held, if deemed necessary, should not give rise to any expectation whatsoever on the part of the Proposer that they will be selected; and
- MCMC will notify all applicants on the outcome of this CFA.
For enquiries or to find out more about the grant, please contact: