The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission is inviting all eligible researchers to submit research proposals under the Digital Society Research Grant programme (DSRG).
The Call for Proposals (CFP) will be open for a period of 1 month:
- starting from Monday, 9 August 2021 and
- closes at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, 8 September 2021
PURPOSE OF DSRG
The DSRG builds the research evidence base necessary to promote and improve our understanding of the human and social factors, which affects and contributes to the adoption and usage of digital technologies and services. In so doing, DSRG funded research works provide inputs in ensuring that the advancements in communications infrastructure and services contribute to the inclusion and participation of all segments of the population in the realisation of a Digitally Connected and Informed Society (Digital Society).
2021 RESEARCH FOCUS
For 2021, MCMC is seeking a combination of both OPEN and GUIDED research projects to clarify regulatory and developmental gaps and inform actionable outcomes in the following two categories:
- Digital Citizenship and Cyberwellness - aimed at clarifying gap areas influencing participation, positive uptake and wellness in an increasingly digitally dependent world and
- Digital Inclusion - aimed at gap areas related to factors that impede equality of access and challenge the paradigm of ensuring that no one is left behind or is deprived of digital connectivity and its benefits.
2021 RESEARCH TITLES
- DCC-1: User Rights and Protection for Subscribers of Telecommunications Services through the Provision of an Automatic Compensation Framework
- DCC-2: Understanding the Behavioural Aspects of Cyberbullying and Interventions for Victims, Perpetrators, Parents and Stakeholders
- DCC-3: Effectiveness of Initiatives and Enforcement of Laws in handling, managing and countering false news proliferation related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- DCC-4: Communications and Multimedia (C&M) Industry Competency Gap Analysis
- DI-1: Impact of Internet Access and Accessibility Initiatives in facilitating Students’ M40 and B40 groups’ needs during COVID-19 prevention measure period
- DI-2: An Impact Study of Klik Dengan Bijak (KDB) Programme
CFP FORM AND APPLICATION GUIDE
Applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the Application Guide before submitting the application. The Application Guide and Application Form may be downloaded here:
- DSRG 2021 Application Guide
- DSRG 2021 Proposal Submission Form
SUBMISSION AND ENQUIRIES
Completed Proposals and Queries are to be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and marked DSRG 2/2021 SUBMISSION or DSRG 2/2021 QUERY
respectively. You may also refer to the FAQs here.
Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our secretariat personnel, please call any of the following officers during office hours: Ms Atiqah Nabilah Mohd Salleh at 03-8688 7854/Mrs. Dayang Aidah Awang Piut at 03-8688 8064/ Ms. Norizan Ab Rahman at 03-8688 8354/ Mr. Zachary Malik at 03-8688 8263.